Wednesday 14 November 2012

This week has been trialing to say the least. But hey, the sun is still shinning and there are plenty of positive stuff going on to make me want to jump up and down about. 
I was lucky enough to have one of my bridal gowns featured in this months issue of White magazine, along with an article/sewing project in the upcoming february issue -
I turned something old in to something new and tied it in with a 'how to' writing piece.  
I'm talking about the holy wedding dress here by the way. 
I set off to Lifeline, scored three second hand wedding dresses at a total cost of $120 and completed the transformation in about a day - The Cinderella dress ;)
I picked a greek 80s stunner for the top/head piece along with a nighty and 60's wedding dress for the skirt. 
My aim was to show brides an option they may not have thought of for their wedding dress. That anyone (or a friend with some sewing skills) can create a beautiful and completely one of a kind wedding dress using a beautiful old garment/fabric for a small amount of money in comparison to standard bridal shops.  

Have a look at the results.