Thursday 6 December 2012

My friend Justin Aaron dropped by the shop today with his hot shot digital camera to take some more photos of the wedding dress I recently finished. Justin is one hell of a wedding photographer/patient guy - we had to get a head shot of yours truly for White magazine, and well I'm a bit of a camera shy wimp. 
There are also some really nice shots of the shop and I'm so glad because we are moving! And soon. 
The building changed hands recently and the new owner has other ideas for the shop. 
It's a little sad to loose the space and all that hard work but it's also a relief at the same time!
The last two years feel like four and my social life is down to a dull roar. When I think that two and something years ago when I opened the shop, I was 21, waitressing, playing guitar and sewing in my bedroom, I get a little dazed and confused - Fun? What was that again?... I need a break.
I did happen to find the most perfect little shop in a swell little spot here in Newcastle! 
It's next to Tower cinema in an upcoming part of town. I'll be looking to re-open about March/April 2013.
In the meantime my garage will be converted into the sewing studio and work will continue on my custom bridal orders and all new stock. I'm pretty excited.