Monday 10 June 2013

We shot the Emma Soup bridal clip a couple of weeks back and woa I don't think I have met a gigglier bunch of girls! They definitely captured the girly-free-spirited vibes I was hoping for. Anyway that's what a wedding should be about in my opinion - fun.

Isn't it funny though. Before you finish the first project you're already totally obsessing with the next grand idea. I think that's the best part though - Planning for the next project.
While I love all things wholesome, I would really love to branch out a little from the 'lovely and sweet' category and shoot something a little more serious and minimal or 'arty' as you might like to put it. I would like to think that Emma Soup won't stay the same for ever. It would be ideal that the brand will grow along with me and my maturing tastes.

I've also been focusing some serious time on making a proper bridal and day wear range that's more focused with all natural fibres and really simple understated designs. Still making everything locally ofcourse - that will never change. From there I want to also sell online from my website. It's been in the pipe line for a while but I think the timing feels right to expand to a broader market. While Newcastle is a really exciting place to live and start creative endeavors, finding a large enough audience that isn't 'Westfield or die' or 'bridezilla bridal shop love' can be a bit of a bummer at times. I'll have my stir crazy moments "I need to get out of this insular town, it's never going to change" but I always come back to earth and realise how unique it actually is here and how exciting it is to be apart of something growing. Realistically I wouldn't have been able to start Emma Soup so young and have as many opportunities as I have had anywhere else. I also think I need to set a date and get out of the country to do some worldy traveling!

Anyhoo, I'm going to scoot off to Sydney this weekend to let my hair down and go see this band Beaches. They are this psychedelic jam rock girl band from Melbourne that will make you want to quit your job and drive into the sunset with your experimental grungy all girl band called 'Blossom'. I can't wait for that ha.













Dresses: Emma Soup
Photos: Justin Aaron
Make up: Rose Marsh
Shoes: Lolliette
Models: Caitlin Nau, Lily Smithers, Rowan Moses, Caitlin Royce, Holly Royce