Saturday 16 February 2013

I was a wee-bit excited to pop down to my local newsagency this morning to pick up a copy of White magazine. I also snuck in a vanilla, chocolate and caramel ice cream (I couldn't decide so I went with all my favourites) and sat to read on a near by bench. My very first published article! 

Lately I have been collecting/hoarding bits and pieces for the new shop - mostly at The Centenary Antique Center . I like to go there and get lost in all the nostalgia when I'm in need for some inspiration. I generally get drawn to a really specific odd little trinket or object amongst the clutter and act like I have just found Aladdin's lamp or something. It's thrilling stuff and possibly the beginnings of a hoarder! Hopefully not. 

This time around I want the shop decor to be more simple and minimal, with the odd old world treasures mixed in of course. I have collected the most precious bits and pieces for the new premises, like this iron cast table bell with a sparrow as the handle to sit on the counter, old wedding photos for the bridal section and this beautiful glass/lace breakfast tray to name a couple. 

Work on a new logo, tags and business cards is almost ready to go although I think I'm going to reveal it all closer to opening. I'll see. It's too beautiful to it keep all to myself so I will just say that I'm getting everything letter pressed.

On to other things I have the time to do with my free-er time. I'm reeeaaally looking forward to Monday night - I'm going to see My Bloody Valentine in Sydney and then Melbourne in a couple of weeks to see the Rowland S Howard tribute show in Melbourne. It's going to be hard to sleep leading up.

Have a sensational weekend ;)