Tuesday 9 April 2013

Friday night was the opening of the new Emma Soup shop at 181 King Street Newcastle and it couldn't have been more amazing! 

A shop full of babes, gift bags, cakes by Hello Naomi (soon to be new neighbors), love from our friends at White magazine and a big mess to clean up the next day. 

I don't know what I would have done without a handful of family and friends helping me get everything ready. Sometimes it doesn't matter how organised you think you are, it's always a bit crazy in the last couple of hours. Thank gosh that it's all over with and Emma Soup is now open for business. Let the good times roll. But seriously, I'm really looking forward to some kind of normal work routine with a spot of living on the side. Something I have very much learnt from three years having a shop - 'you' time is so so important, especially when you're busy and don't want to spare the precious hours in the day. It might seem like opposite thing to do but some time to unwind and forget will make you feel like super woman when you come back to reality.

On a more present note, today was my second day working in the new shop and I can't explain how nice it was. For so long I have planned, visualised, wrote lists, researched and stressed over the next progression in the new space and concept of Emma Soup. But now that it's here and the shop is open I have a really nice feeling that I'm exactly where I should be. I couldn't ask for anything more. I could get all deep and talk more about fulfillment but that's okay, I'll save that one for, um, never. I don't want to bore you too much. 

I hope you have some quality 'you' time set aside this week and every week; reading a book, exercising or going to the beach while the sun is still shinning. 

Do stop by the new shop soon. We are open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am :)

Emma xx









Photos by Zen Harris